10 Things You Didn't Know About Me
My clients came up with some questions for me to answer.
Here we go...
Hey...HI! I'm Gina. I'm a 30-something, newlywed and dog mom who has a passion for coaching and empowering women in fitness (and life).
I thought it would be fun to kick off my blog with a getting to know me post with some random tidbits about who I am.
The last book I read was... Well, if you don't count the Girls Gone Strong Certified Pre- and Postnatal Coaching textbook, then the last book was The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D. It was given to me by a fellow introvert/friend/former client who said it made a world of difference in her life. She was so right!
One thing that I always carry with me is... CHAPSTICK!
The thing I would tell my younger self... All the things!
- Don't try to be like everyone else or compare yourself to others. Your beauty lies in your uniqueness and being introverted (in an extroverted world) is not something to apologize for.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say. Be clear about what you want, what you don't want and what you need. Practice saying 'no', for there will be moments when it's uncomfortable to do so, but you won't regret setting healthy boundaries and people will respect you more for standing up for yourself.
- Going with your gut is a real deal way of living. Allow your instincts and intuition to lead you.
- True friends are the ones who are there for you, who listen to you and support you, but don't enable you to play the victim in your own life. True friends will call you on your bullshit and empower and challenge you to grow.
- Failing is winning. It means you're trying. Trying (and trying again and again and again) is what matters most. Always get back up and really try to learn from your mistakes.
- You alone are responsible for your happiness and you need to love yourself before someone else can love you the way you deserve to be.
- Everything happens for a reason and it is ALL going to be okay. You'll lose people, experience heartbreak, feel alone at times; but ultimately, nothing is permanent. Life is an ebb and flow. Eventually, the tide will turn and your time to know true joy will find you.
The best piece of advice I ever received... Be more present. I have a tendency to overly focus on the future. Chalk it up to my Type A nature.
If you won the lottery, the first thing I would buy is... an around-the-world trip to see all the places and soak up experiences!
People would be surprised to know... Although I consider myself a Type A personality, I'm not a neat freak. I'm by no means dirty, but my desk, dresser and sink area in the bathroom will often look cluttered. That said, I know where everything is!
The last time I cried was... Hmmm, probably within the last week, if I had to guess. I wear my heart on my sleeve. If you cry, I'll cry!
The one skill/talent you wish you had... Easy. I wish I could dance. Like, DANCE dance. I love watching hip-hop dance videos on YouTube and often get sucked down the rabbit hole of video after video. What incredible expression of ones body.
If money wasn't an issue and I could change careers... I would have to say either photography or something with dogs. I dabble in photography as a hobby, but would pursue formal training and better invest into this pursuit. And dogs, well, I'd try to help shelter dogs, most likely.
I know all of the lyrics to... Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song..haha.